The big news: Farmers to protest on October 18 against UP violence, and nine other top storiesAbdul Gh Lone 9 October 2021 0 COMMENTS
Spread the News
A look at the headlines right now:
- Farmers call for ‘rail roko’ on October 18 to protest against Lakhimpur Kheri violence: Protestors will stop trains between 10 am and 4 pm, Bharatiya Kisan Union spokesperson Rakesh Tikait said.
- Delhi may face a blackout in two days unless coal supply increases, says power minister: The city now has stock that will last one day, said Satyendar Jain.
- BJP leader Mohit Bharatiya’s relative was freed by NCB in Mumbai drug case, claims NCP’s Nawab Malik: Rishabh Sachdev, Bharatiya’s brother-in-law, was one of the three people released, the NCP leader claimed.
- Lakhimpur Kheri violence: Union minister’s son appears before police for questioning: On Friday, the Supreme Court had asked why Ashish Mishra had not been arrested yet.
- Kerala to add 7,000 more deaths to state’s Covid-19 toll amid allegations of underreporting: These deaths were not registered due to reasons such as technical problems and absence of various certificates, the state health minister said.
- If China continues presence along LAC, Indian Army will remain there too, says MM Naravane: The ‘large-scale build-up’ of Chinese troops and the infrastructure built to sustain them was a ‘matter of concern’, the Army chief said.
- Delhi violence: HC grants bail to murder accused, questions witness statement and video evidence: The court asked why there was only brief footage showing the victim being injured and nothing before…