The big news: One of India’s first two Omicron cases has no travel history, and 9 other top storiesAbdul Gh Lone 2 December 2021 0 COMMENTS
Spread the News
A look at the headlines right now:
- India’s first two Omicron cases detected in Karnataka, says Centre: Five contacts of one of the infected persons have also tested positive. However, it is not yet confirmed if they too have contracted the Omicron variant.
- Former Mumbai Police chief Param Bir Singh suspended: Singh had been serving as the director-general of the Maharashtra Home Guard since March.
- On Delhi pollution, Supreme Court gives 24-hour ultimatum to Centre, states to take action: Schools in the national capital will be shut from tomorrow due to high pollution levels:
- I don’t see Congress winning 300 seats in 2024 Lok Sabha elections, says Ghulam Nabi Azad: The senior Congress leader indicated that the party will probably not be in a position to restore Jammu and Kashmir’s special status.
- Baseless allegations in UN statement on civilian killings, activist’s arrest, says India: The United Nations had criticised the arrest of human rights activist Khurram Parvez and the recent spate of killings of civilians in Kashmir.
- Rajya Sabha passes Bill to set up regulatory body for dam safety: Opposition parties demanded that the Dam Safety Bill, 2019 be sent to a select committee, arguing that it was a state subject.
- SC asks Trinamool Congress to move High Court on plea seeking investigation into alleged irregularities in Tripura civic polls: The court noted that it had dealt…