The big news: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan refuses to resign, and nine other top storiesAbdul Gh Lone 31 March 2022 0 COMMENTS
Spread the News
A look at the top developments of the day:
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan accuses unknown foreign nation behind no-confidence motion: He made the allegations during a live address to the nation ahead of the voting for the no-confidence motion in the Pakistan Assembly against his government. During his address, Khan also shared details of a letter allegedly containing of evidence of a “foreign conspiracy” to oust his government.
- Areas under AFSPA in Nagaland, Assam and Manipur to be reduced, says Amit Shah: Twenty-three districts of Assam and 15 police stations jurisdictions in Manipur and Nagaland each will no longer be under the law’s purview from April 1.
- Wearing masks not compulsory in Maharashtra and Delhi: Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope announced that all Covid-19 restrictions in the state will be lifted from April 2. Meanwhile, in a meeting of the Delhi Disaster Management Authority, it was decided that those not wearing masks at public places will not be penalised in the national Capital.
- Supreme Court strikes down Tamil Nadu law giving 10.5% reservation to Vanniyar community members: The community was given reservation in government jobs and educational institutions within the 20% quota for the Most Backward Class category in the state.
- Journalist Rana Ayyub moves Delhi High Court against Enforcement Directorate’s travel restrictions: Ayyub, an outspoken critic of the Modi…