The big news: SC status quo halts Ganeshotsav on Bengaluru’s Idgah maidan, and 9 other top storiesAbdul Gh Lone 30 August 2022 0 COMMENTS
Spread the News
A look at the top headlines of the day:
- No Ganeshotsav on Bengaluru’s Idgah maidan as Supreme Court orders status quo: The decision came on a petition against a High Court order allowing Hindutva organisations to celebrate the festival on the ground where Muslims offer prayers.
- UPA takes Jharkhand legislators to Chhattisgarh to prevent alleged poaching attempts by BJP: ‘We are ready to face every situation and we are preparing a strategy to tackle it,’ said Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
- ‘G-23 never existed,’ says Congress leader Jairam Ramesh: Over 60 J&K Congress leaders quit party in support of Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- BJP official accused of torturing Adivasi domestic worker suspended from party: An FIR has been registered in the case but the official has not been arrested yet.
- One-third of Pakistan is under water, says climate change minister: The floods have left 1,136 persons dead across the country since the monsoon began in June.
- Actor Kamal R Khan arrested for allegedly derogatory tweets posted in 2020: A Shiv Sena youth wing member had filed a complaint on his tweets about late actors Irrfan Khan and Rishi Kapoor.
- CBI found nothing in my bank locker, says Manish Sisodia after raid in liquor policy case: The Delhi deputy chief minister claimed that the Central Bureau of Investigation was acting under pressure from the prime minister.
- Kerala Assembly passes Lokayukta Amendment Bill amid protests by Opposition: The state government wants the power to accept…